Stay in Touch
In case you want to send or ask something
Καθαρά προσωπικές επιλογές και άκρως υποκειμενικές οι επιλογές μου, δύσκολες, και σίγουρα άφησα πολλές ταινίες εκτός λίστας ή προσπάθησα να δώσω μια ισοπαλία σε κάποιες από αυτές, ιδιαίτερα σε τριλογίες, sequels ή saga! Οι επιλογές των 100 καλύτερων ταινιών έγιναν με βάση τα δικά μου κριτήρια και κάποιοι από εσάς ίσως διαφωνήσετε με τη λίστα ή με τη θέση στην οποία βρίσκονται κάποιες ταινίες. Αυτό είναι όμως και το ωραίο με τον κινηματογράφο, διαφωνούμε ή συμφωνούμε, όλοι αγαπάμε να βλέπουμε τις εικόνες να παίρνουν ζωή στο λευκό πανί.
Fasten your seat belts λοιπόν, it’s going to be a bumpy night*
*(όποιος ξέρει από που είναι αυτή η ατάκα χωρίς να το ψάξει, ας μου στείλει μήνυμα)
– Κάλπικη δεν είναι η λίρα σε αυτή την ιστορία… κάλπικο είναι, γενικά, το χρήμα…
– Annie, I’m here babe, I still exist.
– You can wipe out an entire generation, you can burn their homes to the ground and somehow, they’ll still find their way back. But if you destroy their history, you destroy their achievements and it’s as if they never existed.
– Sometimes, being a bitch, is all a woman has to hang onto.
– What can you say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died? That she was beautiful and brilliant? That she loved Mozart and Bach, the Beatles, and me?
– My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I’m well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff is the eternal rock beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I AM Heathcliff!
– You’re a wizard Harry!
– I’m going to give you the choice I never had.
– You dare use my own spells against me, Potter?
– The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
– There’s only one business where that’s no problem at all.
– Read the newspaper. What does it say? All bad. It’s all bad. People have forgotten what life is all about. They’ve forgotten what it is to be alive. They need to be reminded. They need to be reminded of what they have and what they can lose. What I feel is the joy of life, the gift of life, the freedom of life, the wonderment of life!
– What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
– What a beautiful place… to be with friends.
– Do not go gentle into that good night; Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
– Seems like we always spend the best part of our time just saying goodbye.
– I like lots of things. But there are three things I like most. Love, love and love.
– Hakuna Matata
– Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn’t a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat.
– But for those of us what lived and died in them furious days, it was like everything we knew was mightily swept away. And no matter what they did to build this city up again… for the rest of time… it would be like no one ever knew we was even here.
– Idiot, did you really think we would kill you? Don’t you see we want to kill you a thousand times, to the limits of eternity, if eternity could have limits?
– One, two, Freddy’s coming for you.
– I could be one pool party away from starring in a Polanski movie!
– It’s called a changeover. The movie goes on, and nobody in the audience has any idea.
– You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
– It’s the so-called “normal” guys who always let you down. Sickos never scare me. Least they’re committed.
– Remember those posters that said, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life”? Well, that’s true of every day but one – the day you die.
– What’s this? What’s this? There’s color everywhere! What’s this? There’s white things in the air! What’s this? I can’t believe my eyes, I must be dreaming; wake up, Jack, this isn’t fair! What’s this?
– Ofelia! Magic does not exist. Not for you, me or anyone else.
– Extraordinary, my dear. Simply extraordinary. This is your finest film yet.
– Now all I have to teach you is one word – everything.
– Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window.
– If not now, then when?
– Goonies never say die!
– I have never known birds of different species to flock together. The very concept is unimaginable. Why, if that happened, we wouldn’t stand a chance! How could we possibly hope to fight them?
– A man don’t go his own way, he’s nothing.
– Nearly a thousand years later, peace in the Kingdom of Heaven remains elusive.
– The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.
– Finish it…
– There will be no order, only chaos.
– Someone has to die in order that the rest of us should value life more.
– You never loved me. You just loved how much I loved you.
– Love. Where does it come from? Who lit this flame in us? No war can put it out, conquer it. I was a prisoner. You set me free.
– Anybody wanna waste some time?
– I… I need to know who he is. I… I need to stand there, I need to look him in the eye, and I need to know that it’s him.
– He has his father’s eyes.
– It’s all for you.
– An immaculate murder. We’ve killed for the sake of danger and for the sake of killing. We’re alive, truly and wonderfully alive.
– I’m not much on rear window ethics.
– I swear, if you existed, I’d divorce you.
– I didn’t know it was so bad.
– It seems that the Emperor of Byzantium – when he received people in audience – had a throne which, during the conversation, would rise mysteriously into the air to the consternation of his visitors. But as we are living in a democracy, I reverse the procedure. I don’t rise, I come down.
* To be concluded Next Month (August Issue) *